Gold Background
Also Known as Cease and Desist
You have the right to tell a debt collector,
in writing, to stop communicating with you.
The CFPB has prepared SAMPLE LETTERS (also known as Cease and Desist) that you can use to
respond to a debt collector who is trying to collect a debt along with tips on how to use them.  The sample
letters may help you to get information, set ground rules about any further communication, or protect some
of your rights.

Once a debt collector receives your letter, it may not contact you again except to:

Tell you there will be no further contact
Tell you that it or the creditor may take other specific actions it is legally allowed to take, such as filing a
lawsuit against you

Telling a debt collector to stop contacting you does not stop the debt collector or creditor from using other
legal ways to collect the debt from you if you owe it, including a lawsuit against you.

The creditor or the debt collector also may make a negative report to a Consumer Reporting Agency,
affecting your credit report and credit score. (In some cases, the debt may be too old to affect your credit
report or credit score.)

If the collector continues to call after receiving the letter, it may be violating the
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
Keep proof that you sent your letter to the debt collector.

You should make a copy of your letter and send the original to the debt collector. It is generally a good idea to
send the Cease and Desist letter by certified mail. If you pay for a “return receipt,” you also will have proof
the debt collector received your letter. You may also send the letter by fax, just be sure to keep a copy of the
fax receipt.

Keep good records of your communications with a debt collector.

It's a good idea to keep a file of all letters or documents a debt collector sends you and copies of anything
you send to a debt collector. Also, write down dates and times of conversations along with notes about what
you discussed. These records can help you if you have a dispute with a debt collector, meet with a lawyer, or
go to court.
If you're having trouble with debt collection, you can submit a complaint with the CFPB ONLINE or by
calling (855) 411-CFPB (2372). You can also report any problems to your
State's Attorney

You can also sue the debt collector violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). If you sue under
the FDCPA and win, the debt collector must generally pay your attorney’s fees, and may also have to pay you

Links Provided by Consumer Financial Production Bureau
Which is an official Website of the United State Government
Collector trying to Collect
Money Problems
Helping you find easy cash, free housing, autos, cell phones, food stamps, and coupons
Angel by the Sea
Home      Cash Assistance      Free Housing    Free Autos      Free Cell Phone      Food Stamps     
Coupons      Free Education      Articles      Syndication articles     Medical Service           
You can get a PAYMENT from this site without ever using a credit card or  spending a single DIME! Click here to learn more!
Copyright @ BRIGHTLOVE.ORG. All Rights Reserved.
Who We Are
Free Money at FusionCash!
Money Problems 2